Friday 27 February 2009

Mozzie is here

The fly has started coming out. Fortunately there is insect screen/door net to use. Once outside, need to close the mouth, simply.

More than a year ago, nobody believed when I said there is mosquito in Dubai. I whacked many already, I meant mozzie...not the non-believers.
Lately, there is an increase of this insect.

There are reported cases of people in Dubai down with dengue fever! People travel, so do mozzies. Dengue or Chikungunya outbreak is already happening in countries that are unthinkable of having such thing, including cold countries. Like the global financial crisis, Dubai is not immune.

Dubai wants to go green. Green or not so green fingers love to decorate their tiny apartment or giant villa with plants. Though water is expensive here, the decorative indoor fountains are selling. The breeding grounds for mozzie is multiplying by the days. I dread this.

I hope I can make a difference...I am going to start talking to neighbours if I see any plants in their house...

1 comment:

  1. Nyonya,
    What a coincidence, only yesterday I was talking to a friend that I had recently gotten my first mosquitoe bite in Dubai. Instead of dreading the turn of event, I was kinda proud to show off the bintat, as if it's a flashy tattoo on my skin or something. And now you've made me to start worrying....

    ReplyDelete