Thursday 28 May 2009

We are all alike

School project – making Chinese Hat, the children (includes European, British, Iranian, South African, Indian, Algerian, Pakistani, Russian, etc) tried their hands in writing Chinese words. In the end, the characters looked more like profane / censored words.

Although we are all alike, as human living on the only planet livable now that we called Earth...there are so many languages, so many nationalities, so many beliefs, etc, it’s indeed tough to understand or tolerate each other.

One day, my 6 yr old returned home from school complaining, “Mommy, my classmates asked why are my eyes so small. I opened my eyes bigger but it’s not working, they said my eyes still look small.”

So, I told her to say this if her classmates ever ask her the same again, “I have eyes, it doesn’t matter whether they are big or small, I can see. Imagine those poor blind people, they cannot see. We are so lucky.”

If we complain about having no nice shoes to wear, think about those people without legs.

2 comments:

  1. Nyonya,
    This is a simple entry but it contains plain wisdom that sparks the bulb-lights in my head. Indeed, you have such remarkable talent to handle any kinds of complaints from any kind of earthlings....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Jumper, there are many options to handle it. The other option is to tell her about adult having eyelid surgery to make them look bigger, or the strangest I had seen some young girls did was putting celoptape daily on the eyelids to make them look bigger......no kidding! If I tell her abt the celotape, I am sure she will try that trick & my celoptape at hme will be missing all the time...

    ReplyDelete